Ooma Reports Second Quarter Fiscal Year 2018 Financial Results
Palo Alto, CA - Thursday, August 24th, 2017
Ooma, Inc. (NYSE:OOMA), a smart communications platform for small businesses and consumers, today released financial results for the second quarter ended July 31, 2017.
Second Quarter Fiscal 2018 Financial Highlights:
- Revenue: Total revenue was $28.2 million, up 11% year-over-year. Subscription and services revenue increased 12% year-over-year to $25.2 million, driven by 62% growth of Ooma Office subscription and services revenue. Product and other revenue decreased 3% year-over-year to $3.0 million, and was 11% of total revenue.
- Net Loss: GAAP net loss was $3.6 million, or $0.20 per basic and diluted share, compared to GAAP net loss of $3.3 million, or $0.19 per basic and diluted share, in the second quarter of fiscal 2017. Non-GAAP net loss was $0.4 million, or $0.02 per basic and diluted share, compared to non-GAAP net loss of $0.9 million, or $0.05 per basic and diluted share, in the second quarter of fiscal 2017.
- Adjusted EBITDA: Adjusted EBITDA was ($0.1) million for the second quarter of fiscal 2018 compared to ($0.5) million in the prior year period.
“We are pleased to report what we believe is industry leading growth in our core segments of small business and residential, which grew subscription services revenues of 62% and 11%, respectively,” said Eric Stang, chief executive officer of Ooma. “We are also excited to have launched Ooma Office for WeWork in Australia and to launch it soon in the UK. Our subscription and services revenue for Office and Telo combined once again grew 20% versus a year ago, driven by consistent execution. We also achieved positive operating cashflow, while investing significantly for future growth including geographic and product line expansion.”
- Expansion of Ooma Office into Australia as a provider of cloud-based phone service for WeWork
- Expansion of Ooma Office support to more than 20 users, scaling small businesses of any size, from self-employed to hundreds of employees, with a phone service that we believe is the most flexible and affordable for any business environment
- IP phone support for cloud-only Ooma Office for Mobile users
- Per our estimates, Ooma customers have now collectively saved over $1.5 billion, compared to what they would have paid to traditional providers
For the third quarter fiscal 2018, Ooma expects to report:
- Total revenue between $27.8 million to $28.3 million, which reflects the sale and transition out of Business Promoter.
- GAAP net loss in the range of $3.5 million to $4.0 million, non-GAAP net loss in the range of $0.4 million to $0.8 million.
- GAAP net loss per share in the range of $0.19 to $0.21, non-GAAP net loss per share in the range of $0.02 to $0.04 based on approximately 18.8 million basic and diluted weighted average common shares outstanding.
For the full fiscal year 2018, Ooma expects to report:
- Total revenue in the range of $113.0 million to $114.0 million, which reflects the sale and transition out of Business Promoter.
- GAAP net loss in the range of $13.3 million to $14.6 million, non-GAAP net loss in the range of $1.5 million to $2.3 million.
- GAAP net loss per share in the range $0.72 to $0.79, non-GAAP net loss per share in the range of $0.08 to $0.12 based on approximately 18.6 million basic and diluted weighted average common shares outstanding.
For full report- please visit: https://investors.ooma.com/investors/press-releases/press-release-details/2017/Ooma-Reports-Second-Quarter-Fiscal-Year-2018-Financial-Results/default.aspx
About Ooma, Inc.
Ooma (NYSE: OOMA) creates powerful connected experiences for businesses and consumers, delivered from its smart cloud-based SaaS platform. For businesses of all sizes, Ooma provides advanced voice and collaboration features that are flexible and scalable. For consumers, Ooma’s residential phone service provides PureVoice HD voice quality, advanced functionality and integration with mobile devices. Ooma’s innovative smart security solution delivers a range of wireless security sensors that make it easy for anyone to protect their home or business. Learn more at www.ooma.com.
Matthew S. Robison
Director of IR and Corporate Development
phone: (650) 300-1480
Director of Corporate Communications
phone: (650) 566-6693