Virtual Extensions with Ooma Office
When you are getting started with Ooma Office, one of the first things you might be curious about is adding user extensions. These are assigned to employees who will be making or receiving calls.GET STARTED
Personalized extensions with Ooma Office meet your business needs.
Each individual who is assigned an account with Ooma Office receives:
- A direct phone number
- A unique extension number
- Private voicemail
- Personalized access to the End User Portal
- Virtual fax (optional)
- Conference bridge (optional)
Every user extension is different and can be catered to each individual’s specific business needs. See more feature options by referencing the Ooma Office pricing chart.
The Ooma Office administrator manages what devices will be assigned to each user. He or she will have the ability to assign one or more of the following:
- Ooma Office Base Station phone port: The phone port on the back of the Ooma Office Base Station can be used to connect a device.
- Ooma Linx: This is a device that connects wirelessly to the Ooma Office Base Station and supports analog phones.
- IP phone: This is a telephone purchased from Ooma that connects calls via a hard-wired ethernet connection.
- Ooma business phone app: This is our smartphone app (iOS (Apple) and Android compatible) that allows users to make and receive calls over their wifi or cellular data connection.
- External device: This is a cell phone or landline number where calls to an Ooma Office extension can be forwarded.
Mobility features with Virtual Extensions
With the Ooma Office mobile app, users can make and receive calls over their wifi or cellular data internet connection. This option is perfect for employees with low-to-moderate telephone usage and are frequently on-the-go.
For example, you might have a sales rep who travels often but you still want to be able to reach him easily for business-related calls. With Ooma Office, you can set his device to an external device (such as a cell phone) and then anyone who wants to reach him can dial the extension instead of the full 10-digit number.
There are many other great Ooma Office features built for small business.
Watch the video below to learn more: